Friday 8 April 2011

My First Post - PELC11

Well what a perfect time to start writing a blog after three Inspirational days at the Plymouth e-Learning Conference. It has been amazing to meet such motivating professionals from all over the world. Some inspirational people from the conference included Stephen Heppell, John Davitt, Dan Roberts, Dan Kennedy, Andy Black and Simon Finch. The last few days have certainly been very thought provoking for me. The conference also allowed me and my peer John Sheffield to promote our website called The Student Teacher Resource. I will talk more about this project in my next blog. We had some great responses about the website and also some exciting prospects which I may be able to write about in the future. Check out the website at http://studentteacherresource.co.uk/ The teachmeet on wednesday night was deffinatly a highlight of the conference and was also my second time to present. I was a lot more confident this time and actually throughly enjoyed presenting. Many fantastic ideas were shared which I will take away and use in my own practice. Teachmeets are something that we as teachers need to promote as with limited funding for training we need to organise our own personal development. So all I can say to end my first blog post is that I am looking forward to next years e-Learning conference :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention dude! I'm really looking forward to PELC12, if I meet half as many interesting new people as I did this year then it will be well worth it!

    ReplyDelete